The consular officer from the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Washington DC will be holding consular hours and providing consular services (authentications, certifications, passport applications, etc.) in San Francisco on...
Repeated referendum on the Act on the construction and management of the second track of the Divača – Koper railway and Early elections to the National Assembly
The Embassy would like to inform you that: - on Sunday, May 13, 2018, a Repeated referendum on the Act on the construction and management of the second track of the Divača – Koper railway, and - on Sunday, 3 June...
The consular officer from the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Washington DC will be holding consular hours and providing consular services (authentications, certifications, passport applications, etc.) in New York City on...
Tel: +1 202 386 6613 or +1 202 386 6614
Fax: +1 202 386 6633
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00 AM – 12:00 AM; by appointment only
Wednesday 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM; by appointment only
Please call 202-386-6614 or 202-386-6613 prior to coming to the Embassy of Slovenia to make an appointment!
Slovenian Consular service in the US is provided through:
Consulate General of the Republic of Slovenia in Cleveland, OH
1100 Superior Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44114
Tel: (+) 1 216 771 7010
Fax: (+)1 216 771 7701
Services: Inquiries from the following Federal States should be directed to the Consulate General in Cleveland: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin.
Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Washington, DC
2410 California Street
Washington, D.C. 20008
United States of America
Tel: (+) 1 202 386 66 01
Fax: (+) 1 202 386 6633
Services: Inquiries from all other Federal States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Mexico should be directed to the Embassy.
What can diplomatic missions and consular posts abroad do for you?
• handle passport, citizenship and other applications,
• issue a Slovenian return passport,
• intercede in raising funds for the return to Slovenia,
• establish contact with a citizen of Slovenia in custody or in prison,
• help establish contact with lawyers, translators, medical service*,
• notify relatives of detention or imprisonment, accident or death,
• help with the settlement of probate matters,
• authenticate signatures and copies,
• help individuals obtain a digital certificate.
* The Government of the Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia and the diplomatic missions/consular posts do not assume responsibility for the professionalism of providers of those services.
What diplomatic missions and consular posts abroad cannot do for you?
• obtain release from detention or imprisonment,
• pay bond, represent before the court or investigate offenses,
• prevent local authorities to forcibly return/deport you the Republic of Slovenia, after serving prison sentence,
• provide better or faster treatment at the hospital or in jail,
• pay the cost of treatment, accommodation, legal or other services,
• Help to enter the country,
• provide letters of recommendation or other documentation for visa applications
• book hotels or other accommodation,
• provide work or residence permits.