Referendum on Act on the construction and management of the second track of the Divača – Koper railway
The referendum on Act on the construction and management of the second track of the Divača – Koper railway will be held on September 24, 2017. The polling stations will also be established in the U.S....
Tel: +1 202 386 6613 or +1 202 386 6614
Fax: +1 202 386 6633
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00 AM – 12:00 AM; by appointment only
Wednesday 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM; by appointment only
Please call 202-386-6614 or 202-386-6613 prior to coming to the Embassy of Slovenia to make an appointment!
Slovenian Consular service in the US is provided through:
Consulate General of the Republic of Slovenia in Cleveland, OH
55 Public Square, Suite 945
Cleveland, OH 44113
+ 1 216 589 9220 tel.
+ 1 216 589 9210 fax.
Services: Inquiries from the following Federal States should be directed to the Consulate General in Cleveland: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin.
Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Washington, DC
2410 California Street
Washington, D.C. 20008
United States of America
Tel: (+) 1 202 386 66 01
Fax: (+) 1 202 386 6633
Services: Inquiries from all other Federal States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Mexico should be directed to the Embassy.
What can diplomatic missions and consular posts abroad do for you?
• handle passport, citizenship and other applications,
• issue a Slovenian return passport,
• intercede in raising funds for the return to Slovenia,
• establish contact with a citizen of Slovenia in custody or in prison,
• help establish contact with lawyers, translators, medical service*,
• notify relatives of detention or imprisonment, accident or death,
• help with the settlement of probate matters,
• authenticate signatures and copies,
• help individuals obtain a digital certificate.
* The Government of the Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia and the diplomatic missions/consular posts do not assume responsibility for the professionalism of providers of those services.
What diplomatic missions and consular posts abroad cannot do for you?
• obtain release from detention or imprisonment,
• pay bond, represent before the court or investigate offenses,
• prevent local authorities to forcibly return/deport you the Republic of Slovenia, after serving prison sentence,
• provide better or faster treatment at the hospital or in jail,
• pay the cost of treatment, accommodation, legal or other services,
• Help to enter the country,
• provide letters of recommendation or other documentation for visa applications
• book hotels or other accommodation,
• provide work or residence permits.