MUSICAL PERFORMANCE: EMBASSY ADOPTION PROGRAM’S EU CELEBRATION
May 31, 2014Event Time: 3:00 PM
Embassy of Austria
As part of the European Month of Culture, there will be a special public performance by 100 Embassy Adoption Program (EAP) students whose schools are matched with EU MS embassies.
The event will take place at the Austrian Embassy at 3:00 p.m. Saturday, May 31, and is a collaborative initiative of the Delegation, Washington Performing Arts Society, and DC Public Schools, with the support of the Austrian Embassy. Two professional teaching artist ensembles—an opera singer and tango dancers—will also perform.
Featured Embassies and Schools:
- Embassy of Austria: Eliot-Hine Middle School – Poetry
- Embassy of France: Capitol Hill Montessori EC – The French anthem Liberee, Delivree (the Frozen song in French)
- Embassy of Germany: Beers Elementary School – Modern Dance about Germany
- Embassy of the Netherlands: Garfield Elementary School – The tableaux of “The Flying Dutchman”
- Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia: Janney Elementary School - The tableaux of “The Golden Bird” (a folktale from Slovenia)