Dear visitors, Welcome to the official website of the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Washington, D.C.!
This site wil provide you with the essential consular information and information on political, military, business, cultural, educational, scientific and other coooperation between Slovenia and the U.S. On the website you can also find contact information of Slovenian consular and other representations in the U.S., list of Slovenian honorary consuls, Slovenian organizations and societies in the U.S. as well as embassy news. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write or call us.
Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Washington, D.C.
2410 California St, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Phone: (+) 1 202 386 6601
Fax: (+) 1 202 386 6633
Responsible for: United States of America, Costa Rica, Mexico, Panama, OAS, CARICOM
For information on travel restrictions related to Covid-19 (coronavirus) click here.
NOTICE TO SLOVENIAN CITIZENS
All citizens who are unable to return to Slovenia due to Covid-19 pandemic can fill out the online Travel Abroad Form at:
If you are unable or unwilling to do so, please provide us with your contact information (first and last name, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail) so that we can notify you of any options to return to Slovenia.
NOTICE TO FOREIGN NATIONALS
Embassy open to limited visa services
In view of coronavirus pandemic and related restriction on non-essential travel the Embassy has limited the issuing of short-stay and long-stay visas.
In line with the restriction on non-essential travel, the following categories of foreign nationals can currently apply for a short-stay visa (Schengen visa C):
- close family members of Slovenian and other EU citizens, as defined in the first paragraph of Article 127 of the Aliens Act,
- foreigners with legal status in other EU country, if visa is required to enter the Republic of Slovenia,
- when travel is deemed essential by the competent authorities, as indicated by the letter of approval by the competent ministry.
In line with the restriction on non-essential travel, the following categories of foreign nationals can currently apply for a long-stay visa (national visa D):
- diplomats, administrative and technical staff and their family members to perform their mandate in Slovenia,
- participants in study exchanges (i.e. Erasmus, Erasmus +, exchanges based on bilateral agreements between universities),
- close family members of Slovenian/EU citizens for the purpose of family reunification, as defined in the first paragraph of Article 127 of the Foreigners Act,
- businessmen, athletes, cultural workers, researchers and scientists if their visit is in national interest, as indicated by the letter of approval by the competent ministry.
Futher information on essential travel is available at the following links:
The Thornton School of Music at the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles offers...
The Government Office for Slovenians Abroad has issued a public call for proposals for co-funding...
American Slovenian Education Foundation ASEF published a call for the ASEF Junior Fellows program...
You are welcome to join an interactive info day STUDY IN SLOVENIA – presentation of Slovene...
The Consul General of the Republic of Slovenia in the United States Alenka Jerak bestowed the...